Welcome to Mikaela Perera Yoga. I teach several classes per week in a variety of venues around Brighton for all abilities. Please see the classes page for details.
I teach the following forms of yoga:
- Dynamic Hatha for alignment
- Hatha Yoga based around Sivananda’s methodology for mind, breath and spirituality
- Rocket Yoga based around Ashtanga Vinyasa for strength, heat, flexibility and stamina – read more…
- Yin Yoga based on the teachings of Paul Grilley and Hiroshi Motoyama for mindful practice and deep stretching – read more…
The benefits of regularly practising yoga include:
- Weight loss
- Emotional balance
- Increased bone density and ligament strength
- Improved muscle tone
- Better sleeping patterns
I use good, safe alignment techniques and encourage students to build a life-long personal practice combined with a regular class. I always include Yoga Nidra, visualisation and chakra balancing in my class. To find out more about me please visit the profile page.
If you can’t make it to one of my classes or would like a bit of extra motivation please visit Mikaela’s Yoga Channel where I’ve posted some yoga tutorials.
As well as teaching yoga I also make and sell leggings. I started making them just for myself as I couldn’t find comfortable leggings with a good fit. My students asked about them, so I started selling them in classes and am now selling them online:
I’m also a visionary artist and designer working in acrylic, oil, pastel, textiles and other media. Yoga is a great source of inspiration for me artistically and helps me tap into the unified field of consciousness. I hope that my art inspires you to do the same.
I believe that art should open peoples minds and one of my missions is to use colour as a healing tool to calm the mind and heal your body and soul. Please visit www.perera.net to see more of my artwork.